Wednesday 19 September 2018

ADLG-R Beta

The CLWC has really adopted ADLG as our choice set of rules for Ancients.

This has naturally lead us to think about adapting the rules to other periods.

A few of us are keen Renaissance players and have started modifying the rules to play in this period.

There have been a few versions of this rules posted on the ADLG forums and I've gone and used this as the basis to a writing a set of rules.

The basic idea is to use the ADLG rules as they are with the minimum tweaks to reflect the period.

I'm focusing the 30 Years war period as this is what the majority of my club mates have an army in.  The rules will cover from the Pike & Shotte up to the rise of the Bayonet, basically 1600 ish to the 1696.

I'm not worrying about including the Italian Wars as the ADLG rules can cover these.  I've played a lot of this period in FoGR and while very impressive looking, its a lot of "push me/shove you" and most games end up in a draw.

It's been fun to write these rules/expansion up and push some soldiers around on the table.

No comments: