Saturday 9 March 2019

ADLG-R 30Years Germans vs English New Model Army

I've got the ADLG-R rules to the point where I'm pretty happy with them and its now down to get people testing them.  After lots of testing, plotting and tweaking the mounted rules, I've removed the heavier of the mounted that were meant to be the renaissance version of knights. 

After some tweaking of points, the game works on 250 points of troops on a standard 200 ADLG table.  This gives you about 23 elements worth on the table but still some flanks to push thru.

This week I got Dave A from the CLWC club to give the rules a go.  He like me, was a big FoGR player but he's pretty much given up on them and has moved to ADLG.  So, good person to test the rules and see if they work.

I brought my traditional 30 Years War Germans and he brought English New Model Army.

The English won the initiative and invaded Germany.

My left hand flank was anchored by the star fortress (village). 

My left and right hand flanks comprised of Reiters (medium cav with carbine), Kurassiers (Heavy cav with Pistol, Elite), a dragoon and a Pike & Shot.  The center comprised of the bulk of the infantry, 2 Pike & Shot, 2 Elite Pike & Shot and 2 medium Artillery.

The English brought a similar force but all their mounted was Heavy Cav with pistol, so, could I outshoot them before they broke thru my flanks.

The armies deployed


Turn 2, the English advance under fire. Precision German artillery hitting on turn 1.

German turn 2, lots of shooting and markers everywhere.

Turn 4
The English break thru on my right flank but the English center is starting to wobble with most of the infantry close to breaking.






 A few turns later we had to stop the game due to the need to get to the train.

The English left flank had been broken thru and their center had a very large hole in it.






1 comment:

Ostafrica said...

Quick question; in the draft rules it says that pike and shot are +1 for shooting due to the higher number of shooting things........this isn’t on the QRS........should it be included there as one of the shooting modifiers?