Wednesday 31 July 2013

Britcon 2013

Britcon 2013 is only a few weeks away and I've finished my army ahead of schedule!

I'll be bringing my new Duchy of Savoy army for the FoGR comp.

It's a late period FoGR army (1693) and has lots of muskets, so, will be interesting to play.

The mounted in this period is pretty useless, so, I've gone all foot.

These are some of the foot units.

The Duchy seemed to outsource a lot of it's troop requirements, using French troops, so, lots of French banners.






3 comments:

TamsinP said...

The army looks good - where are the figures from?

ps Good luck!

CelticCurmudgeon said...

The flags really "make" the units. They are absolutely knockouts. I do have one question, though, about the unit that has the gun placed in front of it. Is that supposed to be a battalion gun or an individual battery gun? I'm not familiar with the rules you play so have no criterion against which to compare the piece.
Jerry
A/K/A The Celtic Curmudgeon

the.urban.bunny said...

The gun in the front is representing a regimental gun.

My main guns are a bit bigger!

All the figures are from Essex and have come up really nice.

This is the first army that I've painted with army painter spray paint and loving it.