Sunday 21 April 2013

Salute 2013

Sooo many shiny toys, was hard to resist.

Salute seemed to be very busy this year.  I got there around 11:30 and there was a long queue to buy tickets and when I got in, the place was packed.  Good to see that it is bucking the current trend.

The high lights for me were Dropzone Commander, GZG and antenocitis workshop.

I was really glad to see Dropzone back for a 2nd year.  Last year, they were there but hadn't released their figures but had all of their models for show.  This year, they had their full range, including buildings and a monorail that I really wanted to buy.  10mm isn't my thing, but they are making it hard. I'd love to pick up some of their walkers and drop ships for Future War Commander.


Antenocitis workshop just make some of the best 25mm scifi figures I've seen for a while.  I've not been interested in 25mm for over a decade and then they come along.  And, now they are doing 15mm!
At the show, they mentioned that they are doing their own rules set, so, it will be interesting to see what they come up with.  They have now come out with a range of terrain to flesh out your city scape, including billboards.  I'm going to pick some of these up later in the year and use the figures with Tomorrows War.

GZG, nuff said, I could go nuts in their shop.

Here are a few photos

Battlefield Vietnam






Full Thrust variant

Love the space matt

The space station

 Jump gate

Trebuchet


 15mm Hammer's Slammers demo game.  This was fantastic




 Armoured column
 Comms tower



 Air support

 The city with monorail
 Main street


A massive reconstruction of the battle of Waterloo in 25mm.








Warmachine with battle wagons




Infinity, 25mm skirmish.

They have some stunning figures for this game.  Very anime



Random Scifi table, in 25mm.  The terrain was supplied by Ainsty castings.  When I start doing 25mm, I will be picking up some of their stuff.  








4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo.
Apparently, I missed some of those games. Too much to see...
Cheers

Seb

Ray Rousell said...

Nice pics!

Iron Duke said...

Woah! How could anybody escape from that place with an intact credit rating?
Being so close to those on the day I'd have bought the space mat, the space station, jump gate etc, the trebuchet, a heap of Hammers stuff, and a bunch of 25mm sci fi terrain.

Lucky I'm in Oz!
(Yeah... lucky, that...)

TamsinP said...

OK, so what loot did you come away with?

I totally agree about Antenocitis stuff - it's drool-inducing.

I don't know what it was, but last year I couldn't turn a corner without bumping into someone from CLWC but this year I only bumped into a couple of you guys.