Monday 14 August 2017

ADLG in Salamanca




The CLWC mob descended on mass to Salamanca for the ADLG competition, part of the larger "Worlds" competition.  We were just one of several competitions, there was a large showing for Flames of War, various Warhammer options and Kings of War.

I ended up somewhere mid table, three wins, 2 breaks and a draw, so, not bad for my first open.

My Feudal Germans got rolled mostly by the elephant armies, I didn't have anything to stop them stomping me.







Few night time photos of the old town

The old town centre, at 1 in the morning. 


Random Elephant artwork in the centre of the town.  Every few minutes a cloud of steam would appear out of it's bum.



Now for a few games!

Game 1 against Inakki, who ultimately won the competition.  
He was using Gaznavids, basically, Elephants and Heavy Cav/Bow

I tried to turn my line to minimise the impact.  Once the elephants crashed in, my spear went down very rapidly.




Game 2, first win vs Ming Chinese
They had elephants, which I wasn't expecting.

Luckily, I managed to avoid the Elephants and slam my knights into the foot, breaking them before the Elephants rampaged thru me.












No comments: