Tuesday 26 March 2019

ADLG in Pamplona!

The CLWC descended upon Pamplona this weekend for an ADLG competition.

The theme, "army must contain a minimum of two cataphracts"

Interesting choice, not a period I've ever tried, so, I brought my Chinese army, using the Southern and Northern Dynasties. 

The Europeans generally use a two list competition, so, one list an impact mounted version, the other a medium foot with an Elephant.

The Runners & Riders, some very scary opponents


The result, I got 4th!  I managed four wins, a mutal destruction and Jean-yves in the final round absolutely spanked me.  Very impressed to get 4th place.



Before the comp, we took a side trip to San Sebastian for some sun, wine and pinxtos (Basque for tapas)







I didn't take many photos of the games as I was too busy in the games.

Game 1 vs Juan Carlos's Sassanid Persians.

Yes, that was a 3 wide elite Elephant with two elite impact swordsman death star.

I found the best way to deal with the death star, flank both armies and forced the Elephants to split up.

 Game 2 vs Eduardo's Patrician Romans.  

One all mightly centre of 8 legionaires, supported by elite auxilia and two medium artillery.

Luckily, the flanks were pretty week so we went thru them first with my impact mounted


Game 3 vs Carlos's Kyro Koreans
A mutual destruction!




Game 6 the final round
Civil war vs Jean-yves










No comments: